Quick One Pot Pelau

My mom wanted to do the cooking today. We used what was left of the chow mein ingredients and added chicken, rice, pimento, coconut milk, butter and seasoning. Wash the rice. Rinse the cut up veges. The chicken was already cleaned and seasoned and in pieces from the freezer and just had to thaw somewhat. Pelau is a simple and quick one pot meal. Simply stew the chicken, add ketchup and all the ingredients. Flavor wise I prefer a medium brown pelau and in between dry and wet. Pelau goes well with avocado, cole slaw or green salad. Golden Ray butter is nice but we had none plus we are trying to eat less salt. I like brown rice or I would try couscous if I had those to make it healthier.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chow Mein and Whole Wheat Bread

Tropical Banana Pudding